- Is chocolate good for periods?
- Why do we crave for chocolate?
- Does chocolate make your period heavy?
- What do you crave on your period?
- What should not eat during periods?
- Which chocolate is best for periods?
- How can I stop craving chocolate?
- What should I eat if I want chocolate?
- How can I satisfy my chocolate cravings?
For some women, this food is chocolate!
Just like other PMS symptoms, such as cramping, bloating, and moodiness, cravings are likely caused by fluctuations in your hormones.
For many women, these hormonal changes result in cravings.
Some women crave salty foods, others sweets and others fatty foods.
Is chocolate good for periods?
Eating a small amount of high-quality chocolate (typically that which has 65% or more “cacao”) may actually help alleviate cramps and PMS. Chocolate contains magnesium, which can help alleviate cramps and increase energy. It also contains endorphins, or “happy hormones,” which can help improve your mood.
Why do we crave for chocolate?
Chocolate is high in magnesium. Cravings for it often indicate that your body is deficient in magnesium, which is a common deficiency. If you’re going to eat chocolate, choose organic cocoa and mix it into a healthy smoothie, or eat a small amount of dark chocolate.
Does chocolate make your period heavy?
Chocolate officially makes the list. Knew it. Killer cramps, endless bleeding, the fear of leaking tampons – if you suffer from heavy, painful periods, this is just some of the hell you have to put up with every. Here are 7 foods to eat on and around your period….
What do you crave on your period?
From chocolatey treats to salty snacks, many women experience intense cravings and ravenous appetites a week or two before their periods. Another cause of cravings may be due to serotonin levels, which are generally lower during PMS. Serotonin is the feel-good chemical in your brain.
What should not eat during periods?
Avoid: Foods high in fats
Fatty foods influence hormones, lead to cramps and can make you feel gassy. Ideally, you should try and avoid fatty meats, burgers and cream based desserts. Instead, choose whole wheat bread, dal chawal, porridge, salmon and lean meats etc.
Which chocolate is best for periods?
Have a happy period simply by altering your chocolate choices during that time of the month.
- Dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt. Photo courtesy: Instagram/laulau2390.
- Chilly dark chocolate. Photo Courtesy: Instagram/andrewurquidi.
- Cranberry dark chocolate.
- Dark chocolate with almonds, hazelnuts or fig.
- Belgian chocolate.
How can I stop craving chocolate?
Other Things That May Work
- Drink a glass of water. Some people say that dehydration can cause cravings.
- Eat a fruit. Having a piece of fruit may help satisfy sugar cravings for some people.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Eat more protein.
- Talk to a friend.
- Sleep well.
- Avoid excess stress.
- Avoid certain triggers.
What should I eat if I want chocolate?
Fill up on healthy fats like olive oil, nuts, and avocados. Eat a well-balanced diet that incorporates lots of lean protein, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Eat organic nut butters with no added sugar. Satisfy your sweet tooth with organic fruits, low-fat yogurts, and fruit smoothies.
How can I satisfy my chocolate cravings?
7 Smart Ways to Satisfy Your Chocolate Cravings
- Reach for your favorite fruit. And there’s no better choice than fresh fruit.
- Go for the yogurt.
- Nut butter to the rescue.
- Hit the trail (mix)
- Get loco with cocoa (powder, that is)
- Consider carob.
- Wait it out.