What foods help repair kidneys?
A DaVita Dietitian’s Top 15 Healthy Foods for People with Kidney Disease
- Red bell peppers. 1/2 cup serving red bell pepper = 1 mg sodium, 88 mg potassium, 10 mg phosphorus.
- Cabbage. 1/2 cup serving green cabbage = 6 mg sodium, 60 mg potassium, 9 mg phosphorus.
How can I improve my kidney function naturally?
Five simple lifestyle steps can help you keep them in good shape.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of fluid will help your kidneys function properly.
- Eat healthily.
- Watch your blood pressure.
- Don’t smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- Keep slim to help your kidneys.
What can I eat for breakfast with kidney disease?
Try one of these 5-minute breakfasts created by DaVita dietitians.
- Dilly Scrambled Eggs.
- Great Way to Start Your Day Bagel.
- High-Protein Apple Oatmeal in a Mug.
- Microwave Coffee Cup Egg Scramble.
- No-Fuss Microwave Egg White French Toast.
How can I improve my kidney function to avoid dialysis?
How to delay the onset of dialysis — at a glance
- Eat right and lose excess weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Don’t smoke.
- Avoid excess salt in your diet.
- Control high blood pressure.
- Control diabetes.
- Stay on the job and keep your health insurance.
- Talk with your health care team.