According to foxnews.com
View 1+ moreView 1+
What is a good drink to calm nerves?
Milk packs tryptophan—an amino acid that’s converted into the neurotransmitter serotonin. Elevated levels of serotonin improve your mood, which can keep you calm. Plus, calcium and magnesium help lower blood pressure. Warm milk can be even more calming since the temp exerts a soothing effect like hot tea.
What can I take to calm my nerves?
12 Ways to Calm Your Anxiety
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine is well-known as an anxiety inducer .
- Avoid alcohol. Feelings of anxiety can be so overwhelming that you might feel the urge to have a cocktail to help you relax.
- Write it out.
- Use fragrance.
- Talk to someone who gets it.
- Find a mantra.
- Walk it off.
- Drink water.
What to eat or drink to calm nerves?
Nine foods to eat to help reduce anxiety
- Brazil nuts. Brazil nuts contain selenium, which may help to improve mood.
- Fatty fish. Fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, trout, and herring, are high in omega-3.
- Pumpkin seeds.
- Dark chocolate.
Does cinnamon calm nerves?
The organic compound that gives cinnamon its distinctive odor and flavor is called cinnamaldehyde, and it is a powerful fungicide and anti-microbial agent. Cinnamon has been used medicinally to treat infection, act as an anti-inflammatory, lower blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar, and improve insulin sensitivity.