What can you eat with kidney disease?
A DaVita Dietitian’s Top 15 Healthy Foods for People with Kidney Disease
- Red bell peppers. 1/2 cup serving red bell pepper = 1 mg sodium, 88 mg potassium, 10 mg phosphorus.
- Cabbage. 1/2 cup serving green cabbage = 6 mg sodium, 60 mg potassium, 9 mg phosphorus.
What is the best thing to drink for your kidneys?
Here’s what the latest research says about the four best drinks for kidney health:
- Wine. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Cranberry Juice. This tart red drink is good for both your urinary tract and kidney health.
- Lemon- and Lime-based Citrus Juices.
What is bad for kidneys?
Eating Processed Foods
Processed foods are significant sources of sodium and phosphorus. Many people who have kidney disease need to limit phosphorus in their diets. Some studies have shown that high phosphorus intake from processed foods in people without kidney disease may be harmful to their kidneys and bones.
What can I eat for breakfast with kidney disease?
5-Minute Kidney-Friendly Breakfasts
- Dilly Scrambled Eggs.
- Great Way to Start Your Day Bagel.
- High-Protein Apple Oatmeal in a Mug.
- Microwave Coffee Cup Egg Scramble.
- No-Fuss Microwave Egg White French Toast.