Herbal supplements typically come in tincture, extract, tea, or capsule forms.
- Kava kava.
- Lemon balm.
- St. John’s wort.
- Valerian. Although valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is better known as a sleep remedy, it may also help with anxiety.
How can I treat anxiety naturally?
The doctor may also be able to recommend other natural remedies.
- Exercise. Exercise may help to treat anxiety.
- Meditation. Meditation can help to slow racing thoughts, making it easier to manage stress and anxiety.
- Relaxation exercises.
- Time management strategies.
- Cannabidiol oil.
- Herbal teas.
What vitamins help with anxiety?
Vitamin B5 supports the adrenal glands, which reduces stress and anxiety levels. Vitamin B9 (also known as folate or folic acid) and vitamin B12 are important in balancing out depressive moods. Vitamin B6 together with magnesium can balance out anxiety that occurs in conjunction with PMS.
What can I drink for anxiety?
Here are 6 science-backed foods and beverages that may provide anxiety relief.
- Salmon. Salmon may be beneficial for reducing anxiety.
- Chamomile. Chamomile is an herb that may help reduce anxiety.
- Dark Chocolate.
- Green Tea.
Can anxiety be treated without medication?
Treating anxiety without medication. Anxiety can be treated with medication, but several mind-body approaches may also be effective. Hypnosis is sometimes used along with cognitive behavioral therapy to treat anxiety. It can help people focus their attention, rethink problems, relax, and respond to helpful suggestions.