The 7 Worst Foods for Your Brain
- Sugary Drinks. Share on Pinterest.
- Refined Carbs. Refined carbohydrates include sugars and highly processed grains, such as white flour.
- Foods High in Trans Fats. Trans fats are a type of unsaturated fat that can have a detrimental effect on brain health.
- Highly Processed Foods.
- Fish High in Mercury.
How does food affect your brain?
Put simply, what you eat directly affects the structure and function of your brain and, ultimately, your mood. Multiple studies have found a correlation between a diet high in refined sugars and impaired brain function — and even a worsening of symptoms of mood disorders, such as depression.
What can damage your brain?
Possible causes of widespread (diffuse) brain damage include prolonged hypoxia (shortage of oxygen), poisoning, infection, and neurological illness. Common causes of focal or localized brain damage are physical trauma (traumatic brain injury), stroke, aneurysm, or neurological illness.
Is popcorn bad for your brain?
Healthy whole grains like brown rice, whole grain bread, oatmeal and even popcorn contain fibres and vitamins that improve blood flow throughout the brain and help memory function. They also improve blood-sugar stability, which can curb study-interrupting cravings.
What are the 5 worst foods to eat?
20 Foods That Are Bad for Your Health
- Sugary drinks. Added sugar is one of the worst ingredients in the modern diet.
- Most pizzas. Pizza is one of the world’s most popular junk foods.
- White bread.
- Most fruit juices.
- Sweetened breakfast cereals.
- Fried, grilled, or broiled food.
- Pastries, cookies, and cakes.
- French fries and potato chips.