Examples of some diabetic-friendly desserts that may or may not have artificial sweeteners include:
- granola (with no sugar added) and fresh fruit.
- graham crackers with nut butter.
- angel food cake.
- sugar-free hot chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon.
- sugar-free fudge popsicle.
Diabetes and Desserts: What You Need to Know – Healthline
https://www.healthline.com › health › type-2-diabetes › dessert
What desserts are safe for diabetics?
The diabetic desserts below are from Diabetes Strong and some of my favorite food blogs.
- Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs.
- Protein Cheesecake.
- Healthy Chocolate Greek Yogurt Ice Cream.
- Raspberry & Banana Mousse.
- Pumpkin & Raspberry Muffins.
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles.
- Easy Chocolate Fudge.
What is a good sweet snack for diabetics?
The 21 Best Snack Ideas If You Have Diabetes
- Hard-Boiled Eggs. Hard-boiled eggs are a super healthy snack for people with diabetes.
- Yogurt with Berries. Yogurt with berries is an excellent diabetes-friendly snack for a variety of reasons.
- Handful of Almonds.
- Veggies and Hummus.
- Sliced Apples with Peanut Butter.
- Beef Sticks.
- Roasted Chickpeas.
Can a diabetic eat angel food cake?
Basically, I can have my cake and eat it too, since there are not many calories in one bite. If you’re watching your sugar intake, or are on a low-fat diet, this angel food cake is perfect for you. For those of you that have never made an Angel Food Cake, don’t be intimidated. It’s not difficult to make.
Can a prediabetic eat sweets?
Eating carbohydrates doesn’t cause prediabetes. A diet filled with refined and processed carbohydrates that digest quickly can cause higher spikes in blood sugar. For most people with prediabetes, the body has a difficult time lowering blood sugar levels after meals. Avoiding blood sugar spikes can help.