7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Very Nutritious. Share on Pinterest.
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants. ORAC stands for “oxygen radical absorbance capacity.”
- May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure.
- Raises HDL and Protects LDL From Oxidation.
- May Reduce Heart Disease Risk.
- May Protect Your Skin From the Sun.
- Could Improve Brain Function.
Which dark chocolate is healthy?
Healthy Dark Chocolate Brands
- Pascha. Organic, fair trade, non-GMO dark chocolate.
- Endangered Species. 72% Cacao and 88% Cacao bars (panther).
- Alter Eco. USDA Organic and Fair Trade.
- Taza. 80%, 87%, and 95% cacao bars.
- Green & Blacks. 70% Cacao and 85% Cacao bars.
How much dark chocolate should you eat a day?
What is the daily recommended amount of dark chocolate? The recommended “dose” of dark chocolate is approximately 1 to 2 ounces, or 30-60g, experts say. Indulge in anything more than that, and you may be consuming too many calories. A 1.45-ounce (41 gram) Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Bar has 190 calories.
What are the advantages of dark chocolate?
Dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants and minerals, and it generally contains less sugar than milk chocolate. Some research suggests that dark chocolate may help lower the risk of heart disease, reduce inflammation and insulin resistance, and improve brain function.
Does dark chocolate help lose belly fat?
A nibble of dark chocolate here and there can slow down digestion so you feel full longer and eat less at your next meal. Dark chocolate is full of MUFAs; studies show eating a diet high in these healthy fats can rev your metabolism to burn fat and calories.