7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Very Nutritious. Share on Pinterest.
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants. ORAC stands for “oxygen radical absorbance capacity.”
- May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure.
- Raises HDL and Protects LDL From Oxidation.
- May Reduce Heart Disease Risk.
- May Protect Your Skin From the Sun.
- Could Improve Brain Function.
25 Jun 2018
Is it okay to eat dark chocolate every day?
Studies show that the darker the chocolate, the better. Still, the daily dose of antioxidants in dark chocolate doesn’t give you license to indulge in a dessert free-for-all — dark chocolate is still loaded with fat and calories — so eat a max of 1 to 2 ounces a day.
How much dark chocolate should you eat a day?
What is the daily recommended amount of dark chocolate? The recommended “dose” of dark chocolate is approximately 1 to 2 ounces, or 30-60g, experts say. Indulge in anything more than that, and you may be consuming too many calories. A 1.45-ounce (41 gram) Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Bar has 190 calories.11 Jul 2017
What happens when you eat too much dark chocolate?
– Eating lot of dark chocolate leads to high calorie intake. If you eat too much dark chocolate, you may experience immediate unpleasant symptoms such as indigestion, headache and heartburn. Chocolate’s mild psychoactive effects could also produce a feeling of alertness and elation, followed by lethargy and depression.3 May 2017
What will happen if you eat chocolate everyday?
If you eat a chocolate bunny a day, there is an obvious risk of becoming a major chubbo. However, a little chocolate has health benefits. Other studies have found that moderate amounts of chocolate seem to lower blood pressure. The pressure reduction was considered one cause of the reduced heart-failure risk.27 Nov 2012