Dark chocolate reduces damage to the blood vessels in patients who have suffered scarring on the liver due to excessive drinking or disease, new studies have found.
It also reduces blood pressure in the liver as it contains high levels of anti-oxidants which mop of damaging particles from the body.
What foods can damage your liver?
- Alcohol. Alcohol is a major cause of fatty liver disease as well as other liver diseases.
- Added sugar. Stay away from sugary foods such as candy, cookies, sodas, and fruit juices.
- Fried foods. These are high in fat and calories.
- White bread, rice, and pasta.
- Red meat.
Is chocolate bad for a fatty liver?
Dark chocolate may help counteract oxidative stress in fatty liver disease, study finds. Italian researchers from Sapienza University in Rome have found that polyphenols contained in dark chocolate could slow disease progression in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
Is Egg harmful for liver?
The liver produces cholesterol. Many nutritional experts today claim that eating saturated fat is much more likely to raise your blood cholesterol than eating cholesterol. Eggs do contain some saturated fats but they are also rich in healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
How can I improve my liver function fast?
Liver Awareness Month Feature
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid toxins.
- Use alcohol responsibly.
- Avoid the use of illicit drugs.
- Avoid contaminated needles.
- Get medical care if you’re exposed to blood.