Click to copy link
What fruit is highest in sugar?
Which Fruits Contain the Most Sugar?
- #6 Bananas. A three-ounce serving of bananas contains 10.1 grams of sugar, with 76 calories, making it among the most calorie-dense fruits.
- #5 Cherries.
- #4 Pomegranates.
- #3 Mangos.
- #2 Grapes.
- #1 Figs.
- -Dan Myers, The Daily Meal.
- More Content from The Daily Meal:
What fruit has the least amount of sugar?
Low-sugar fruits include:
- Strawberries. Strawberries, like many other berries, are often high in fiber and contain very little sugar.
- Peaches. Although they taste sweet, a medium sized peach only contains around 13 g of sugar.
- Lemons and limes.
- Honeydew melon.
Can a diabetic eat banana?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables.
What fruits diabetics should avoid?
11 Foods to Avoid With Diabetes
- Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. Sugary beverages are the worst drink choice for someone with diabetes.
- Trans Fats.
- White Bread, Pasta and Rice.
- Fruit-Flavored Yogurt.
- Sweetened Breakfast Cereals.
- Flavored Coffee Drinks.
- Honey, Agave Nectar and Maple Syrup.
- Dried Fruit.