Summary You need to eat more calories than your body burns to gain weight.
Aim for 300–500 calories per day above your maintenance level for slow weight gain or 700–1,000 calories if you want to gain weight fast.
How to Gain Weight Fast and Safely – Healthline
https://www.healthline.com › nutrition › how-to-gain-weight
How can I gain weight in 7 days?
How to Gain Weight
- Eat More. Eat more calories than your body burns.
- Eat More Meals. Small meals are easier to eat than big ones.
- Eat Caloric Dense Foods. Food high in carbs and/or fats has more calories per serving.
- Eat More Protein.
- Go Liquid.
- Track Calories.
- Lift Heavy.
- Be Consistent.
How many calories do I need to eat a day to gain weight?
The American College of Sports Medicine recommends a minimum of 1200 calories per day for females and 1800 calories per day for males. If you are on a weight gain diet you should also be performing a weight training program otherwise all those extra calories are going to be stored as body fat.
How can I gain my weight?
Here are some healthy ways to gain weight when you’re underweight:
- Eat more frequently. When you’re underweight, you may feel full faster.
- Choose nutrient-rich foods.
- Try smoothies and shakes.
- Watch when you drink.
- Make every bite count.
- Top it off.
- Have an occasional treat.
How much do I need to eat to gain muscle?
To reach his performance goal, Johnny must: Eat a minimum of 6 meals daily at a frequency of one meal every 3-4 hours. Increase estimated daily calorie maintenance by 500 calories per day (3500 calories per week).