If you feel the need to urinate more often, especially at night, this can be a sign of kidney disease.
When the kidneys filters are damaged, it can cause an increase in the urge to urinate.
Sometimes this can also be a sign of a urinary infection or enlarged prostate in men.
You see blood in your urine.
What are the early signs of kidney disease?
Signs and symptoms of kidney disease may include:
- Loss of appetite.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Sleep problems.
- Changes in how much you urinate.
- Decreased mental sharpness.
- Muscle twitches and cramps.
How do you know if you have kidney pain?
Symptoms of kidney pain
Kidney pain is usually a constant dull ache deep in your right or left flank, or both flanks, that often gets worse when someone gently hits the area. Only one kidney is usually affected in most conditions, so you typically feel pain on only one side of your back.
How do you heal your kidneys?
You can do a number of things to keep your kidneys functioning properly and keep them as healthy as possible at every stage of life.
- Hydrate, but don’t overdo it.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Exercise regularly.
- Use caution with supplements and herbal remedies.
- Quit smoking.
What is the best thing to drink for your kidneys?
Here’s what the latest research says about the four best drinks for kidney health:
- Wine. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Cranberry Juice. This tart red drink is good for both your urinary tract and kidney health.
- Lemon- and Lime-based Citrus Juices.