Eat some protein and fiber
Stabilize your blood sugar by eating some slow-digesting protein and fiber.
If you don’t, your blood sugar will crash and you’ll potentially feel hungry and want to eat again.
Great snack options are an apple and nut butter, a hard boiled egg and pistachios, or hummus and veggies.
How long does it take to recover from a sugar crash?
If you start experiencing symptoms of a sugar crash, the short-term solution is to eat 15 grams of a carbohydrate. If your symptoms don’t improve after 15 minutes, eat another 15 grams of a carbohydrate. For frequent sugar crashes, you’ll likely need to make some long-term changes to your diet.
What happens when you have a sugar crash?
High levels of sugar flood the blood and create sudden spikes and drops in blood sugar levels. This can — but doesn’t necessarily — cause a “sugar crash” (sudden headache, fatigue, irritability, increased heart rate, anxiety), says Janicic-Kahric, though it’s not known how many people experience this problem.
How do you remove sugar from your body?
15 Easy Ways to Lower Blood Sugar Levels Naturally
- Exercise Regularly. Regular exercise can help you lose weight and increase insulin sensitivity.
- Control Your Carb Intake.
- Increase Your Fiber Intake.
- Drink Water and Stay Hydrated.
- Implement Portion Control.
- Choose Foods With a Low Glycemic Index.
- Control Stress Levels.
- Monitor Your Blood Sugar Levels.
What should I do immediately after overeating?
What to Do After You Overeat
- Scroll down to read all. 1 / 12. Relax.
- 2 / 12. Take a Walk. An easy stroll will help stimulate your digestion and even out your blood sugar levels.
- 3 / 12. Drink Water.
- 4 / 12. Don’t Lie Down.
- 5 / 12. Skip the Bubbles.
- 6 / 12. Give Away Leftovers.
- 7 / 12. Work Out.
- 8 / 12. Plan Your Next Meal.
What foods should Hypoglycemics avoid?
Therefore, meals that are high in simple carbohydrates can contribute to reactive hypoglycemia. Concentrated sweets such as candy, table sugar, soft drinks, cookies, cakes, and ice cream are mainly simple carbohydrates. Avoid these foods unless they are made with sugar substitutes.