Scroll down for 5 tips on how to increase serotonin.
- Tweak your diet. Depending on what you eat, you could be replenishing the serotonin in your brain—or depleting it.
- Get consistent, good sleep.
- Take a vitamin D supplement.
- Go for a walk in the sunshine.
- Take steps to lower stress.
How can I increase serotonin and dopamine naturally?
Here are the top 10 ways to increase dopamine levels naturally.
- Eat Lots of Protein. Proteins are made up of smaller building blocks called amino acids.
- Eat Less Saturated Fat.
- Consume Probiotics.
- Eat Velvet Beans.
- Exercise Often.
- Get Enough Sleep.
- Listen to Music.
What does a lack of serotonin cause?
You may have a shortage of serotonin if you have a sad depressed mood, low energy, negative thoughts, feel tense and irritable, crave sweets, and have a reduced interest in sex. Other serotonin related disorders include: Depression. Anxiety.
What produces serotonin?
Serotonin is created by a biochemical conversion process that combines tryptophan, a component of proteins, with tryptophan hydroxylase, a chemical reactor. Serotonin is most commonly believed to be a neurotransmitter, although some consider it to be a hormone. It is produced in the intestines and the brain.