This article lists 16 easy ways to increase your appetite.
- Eat Small Meals More Frequently. Share on Pinterest.
- Eat Nutrient-Rich Foods.
- Add More Calories to Your Meals.
- 4. Make Mealtime an Enjoyable Social Activity.
- Trick Your Brain With Different Plate Sizes.
- Schedule Meal Times.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast.
- Eat Less Fiber.
How can I get my appetite back?
The following tips may help increase appetite and improve interest in eating:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Exercise lightly before meals to stimulate appetite.
- Select enjoyable foods and foods that have a pleasant aroma.
- Plan meals the day before eating them.
- Stay well hydrated.
- Aim for 6-8 small meals and snacks per day.
What medications increase appetite?
Megestrol acetate (Megace®) comes in a pill and liquid form. Metoclopramide (Reglan®) comes in tablets (pill) and in liquid form. Dronabinol (Marinol®) comes in a capsule (pill) form. Steroids like prednisone or dexamethasone (Decadron®) can increase your appetite and sense of well being.
How can I gain weight in 7 days?
How to Gain Weight
- Eat More. Eat more calories than your body burns.
- Eat More Meals. Small meals are easier to eat than big ones.
- Eat Caloric Dense Foods. Food high in carbs and/or fats has more calories per serving.
- Eat More Protein.
- Go Liquid.
- Track Calories.
- Lift Heavy.
- Be Consistent.
What should I eat if I have no appetite?
Eat foods high in calorie and protein content. Foods high in protein are peanut butter, eggs, nuts, cereal, chicken, steak, meat, etc. Foods high in calories are cheese, yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter, etc. Drink high-calorie beverages, such as milk, Ensure, smoothies, Boost and Carnation Instant Breakfast.