What happens when estrogen levels are low?
Low estrogen may lead to missed or irregular periods. Painful intercourse: Estrogen can affect vaginal lubrication. If levels become too low, vaginal dryness can occur, which often leads to painful sex. Hot flashes: Hot flashes often happen during menopause due to low estrogen levels.
What happens when estrogen levels are high?
For example, elevated estrogen levels are a risk factor for breast cancer and ovarian cancer. High levels of estrogen may put you at higher risk of blood clots and stroke. Estrogen dominance may also increase your chances of thyroid dysfunction. This can cause symptoms such as fatigue and weight changes.
What foods cause high estrogen?
According to some research, the following foods may increase people’s estrogen levels:
- Dairy and meat. Share on Pinterest Milk contains estrogen and other hormones.
- Alcohol. Drinking alcohol may raise the level of estrogen in the blood, which could increase the risk of developing breast cancer.
How can a woman increase her hormones naturally?
This article will show you 12 natural ways to balance your hormones.
- Eat Enough Protein at Every Meal.
- Engage in Regular Exercise.
- Avoid Sugar and Refined Carbs.
- Learn to Manage Stress.
- Consume Healthy Fats.
- Avoid Overeating and Undereating.
- Drink Green Tea.
- Eat Fatty Fish Often.